Did You Know….
- Dogs must be under control at all times and dog waste must be immediately removed if deposited upon public or private property (ordinance # 593).
- Animals cannot continuously make noise (ordinance # 726).
- Residents cannot own more than 5 dogs and/or cats (ordinance # 730).
- Weeds and/or grass over 9” must removed by owner (ordinance # 636).
- Persons peddling, soliciting, or taking orders require a permit issued by the Township (ordinance # 561).
- Residents cannot operate unlicensed motor vehicles on the property of another or on public streets or public grounds (ordinance # 623).
- Residents cannot park on the street if off-street parking is available (ordinance # 561).
- The storage of inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicles is not permitted on any street, road, highway, roadway, alley or public right of way (ordinance # 793).
- Curfew for 16 to 18 year olds is 10:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M. Under 16 the curfew is 9:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M. From June 1 until August 31 all youths under the age of 18 have a curfew from 10:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M. (ordinance # 339).
For more information about Elizabeth Township ordinances and regulations, please contact Building Inspector/Code Enforcement/Zoning Official, James Matscherz, at 412-751-2880 x 1012