The Recreation Committee is responsible for serving as an advisory committee to the Board of Commissioners on issues pertaining to the care, management, and development of Elizabeth Township’s Recreational Programs. The Committee has no official authority to establish, create, pass or enforce any activities without consent of the Board of Commissioners.
The Committee was established to ensure high quality Recreation Programs and Activities. The Committee assumes a major role in developing a sense of community and enhancing Elizabeth Township Residents’ quality of life by providing recreational and social programs to preschool age children, youth, teen, adult, family, and senior populations by organizing and hosting special events.
The Office Manager handles administrative matters relating to the Recreation Committee and acts as a liaison between the Recreation Committee and the Board of Commissioners.
- Assess the needs of the community for active recreational activities and events
- Works with the Office Manager to help coordinate and plan community events
- Provide and gather public input on recreational activities
- Promote maximum utilization of parks, recreation, events, facilities, and programs
- Provide Township residents a higher quality of life by implantation of a wide variety of recreational programs and services/activities
- Assist with the recruitment and coordination of volunteers
The Recreation Committee meets on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Elizabeth Township Municipal Building. There are 10 regular active members,including 3 chairpersons, all of whom are appointed by the Board of Commissioners. The Committee is overseen directly by the Office Manager.