Code Enforcement

If you are considering any improvements or alterations to your home, property, or business, contact the building inspector to discuss your plans to determine if any permits or approvals are required. Township regulations place various restrictions on the use of property, and the location of all improvements and additions to property. Property owners should contact the Code Enforcement Officer, John Snelson, his assistant Joe Volpe, or the Building Inspector Shawn Jacobs.

An Occupancy Permit is required for single family and multi-family residences as well as businesses in Elizabeth Township. The Code Enforcement Official must inspect the housing unit or business and an Occupancy Permit is required prior to anyone moving into an apartment, home or business.

Code Enforcement Officers:

John Snelson


Tel: (412) 751-2880 ext. 1012

Fax: (412) 751 – 6002

Joe Volpe


Tel: (412) 751 – 2880 ext. 1016

Fax: (412) 751-6002


Building Inspector:

Shawn Jacobs